Are you interested in working with a team of volunteers dedicated to preserving Tasmania’s transport history? If yes, then the Tasmanian Transport Museum is for you!
Our dedicated volunteers contribute to the safe operation of the Museum. Whether you have an interest in trains, trams, buses or just want to contribute to the ongoing operation of the museum, we have a range of opportunities available. If you are interested in our rail operations, our in house training will teach you new skills that could one day lead you to crewing one of our historic trains.
Volunteer positions available include:
- Grounds and building maintenance.
- Restoration projects and general maintenance of all our exhibits.
- Kiosk Attendant – responsible for greeting guests and the sale of tickets and merchandise.
- Rail Operations – track maintenance, rollingstock maintenance, guard, driver and fireman duties.
The Tasmanian Transport Museum appreciates the tireless work our volunteers put into running the Museum. If you would like more information about the volunteer experiences available, please contact us or come and see us in person from 1pm until 4pm on weekends.
Membership to the Tasmanian Transport Museum Society includes free Museum entry year-round and bi-monthly newsletters. Current membership rates are:
- $60.00 – Family (plus $60.00 joining fee for new members)
- $45.00 – Adult (plus $45.00 joining fee for new members)
- $25.00 – Concession (plus $25.00 joining fee for new members)
Note: Upon application of a new member an initial joining will apply. This fee is fully rebated against the 2nd years membership fee provided that the new member has volunteered at least 40 hours during the first year of membership at the museum.
Note: Members wishing to volunteer on-site will be required to provide and maintain a current Working with Vulnerable Persons Card.
To find out more, please contact us or come and see us between 1pm and 4pm on weekends.