The Tasmanian Transport Museum is located in the Hobart suburb of Glenorchy.
The museum exhibits include railway locomotives, railcars, carriages and wagons, trams, trolley buses, buses and many other historical items.
On the first and third Sunday of each month enjoy a short train ride, giving you a small taste of bygone train travel.
- Saturdays and Sundays – 1.00 pm until 4.00pm (last admissions at 3.00 pm).
Train Ride Days Opening Hours
- First Sunday of each month Railcar Train Rides – 11am to 4.00pm, last train 3.15pm.
- Third Sunday of each month Steam Train Rides – 11am to 4.00pm, last train 3.15pm.
On train running days, admission includes unlimited train rides.
Train Ride Days
- $12.00 adults
- $10.00 concession
- $6.00 children (2 & over)
- $10.00 adults
- $8.00 concession
- $5.00 children (2 & over)
Some special events may have additional costs as advertised. Credit Card and EFTPOS facilities are available.
School Group Visit Information & Bookings
Visit the School Group page under the Visit tab in the Main menu or click here.
Group Visit Information & Bookings
Visit the Groups Visit page under the Visit tab in the Main menu or click here.
The museum is located off Anfield Street, Glenorchy, and is opposite the Northgate shopping centre.