The Tasmanian Transport Museum (TTMS) is open on Sundays and by appointment for school and tour groups.
Admission prices vary depending if train rides are available. Visit the Opening Hours and Train Ride Schedule to see when the museum is open and when the next train ride is scheduled.
- Limited online tickets will be available for each Steam Train ride departure. Gates sales will still be available, but limited to a first served basis. Trybooking fees apply for online tickets.
- Railcar and Diesel Y4 train rides tickets are available at the gate only.
- Special Event tickets are advertised as required.
- Children prices are charged between 4 - 15 years of age (0-3 free entry)
- TTMS reserves the right to replace the steam locomotive with diesel trains at any time. Online tickets are non-refundable nor transferable to any other services in this instance.
- TTMS is unable to transfer online bookings to any other services.
Museum Entry - Non Train Days
- Adults: $11.00
- Concession: $9.00
- Children: $5.004 years and over
Train Ride Tickets - Gate Sales
- Adults: $13.00
- Concession: $11.00
- Children: $6.004 years and over
Steam Train Ride - Online Sales
- Adults: $13 + booking fees
- Concession: $11 + booking fees
- Children: $6 + booking feesaged 4 -15
- EFTPOS facilities
- Wheelchair accessible site
- Trains rides subject to last minute changes
- Some special events may have additional costs as advertised
- Guide Dogs and Assistance Dogs welcome
- Certain rides may be limited to Trybooking sales only
- Companion Cards are welcome, must be presented at the gate only (no online bookings)
Scam Watch: Please note we cannot assist you or refund you if you purchase online tickets from other people. Please only book tickets through our website or links provided on our Facebook posts.